63 TEAMS FROM 7 UNIVERSITIES WILL COMPETE IN THE FIRST SOFIA HACKATHON
63 teams from 7 universities will compete in the first Sofia Municipality Innovation Hackathon 2016 on 9 and 10 June in the National Palace of Culture!
SOFIA BECOMES SUPERB, because they will offer technological solutions in the following areas:
• providing public access to information about students’ achievements and the development of school results over time;
• creating new applications and mechanisms for assessing the progress of students and the school (not just the concrete results attained in concrete time periods); need of opportunities to share and systematize publicly the external look and assessment of the school environment, as well as the quality of the provided educational services by end users - students and parents;
• platform for communication and cooperation among parents, teachers and students;
• innovative models of effective and motivating career orientation, mentoring and promoting positive role models for students;
• platform for exchange of best practices among teachers;
• platform for information and equal access of teachers to effective trainings on various topics;
• digitalization of content.
• online registration for medical examination hours with a specialist doctor, GP, hospitalization in a municipal hospital;
• need to increase health literacy through a platform with information about a healthy lifestyle, necessary preventive examinations, mandatory vaccinations, free examinations and consultations, etc.; a system for obtaining online of medical test results carried out in laboratories located within diagnostic and consultation centres and hospitals in Sofia Municipality;
• mobile solutions to rational nutrition at childhood age;
• access to sports events and initiatives for children at preschool and school age;
• system of coordination of resources and citizens in emergency situations, a portal for coordinating volunteers.
• creative solutions for abandoned buildings;
• creative solutions for abandoned industrial heritage;
• creative solutions for socialist cultural heritage;
• enriching the access to authentic folklore heritage on the territory of Sofia Municipality;
• digitalization of content for modern monuments of culture, a map, access to museums.
The topics have been identified at a seminar held on the methodology of design thinking with the participation of municipal councillors from the Sofia Municipal Council, experts from Sofia Municipality and nongovernmental organizations.
The Hackathon is organized by the Fund for Innovations in Culture, Sofia Development Association, Sofia Municipality and INNOVATION STARTER with the support of Mobiltel and the Workshop for Civic Initiatives Foundation.
More information can be found at: http://fond.sofia-da.eu/en/състезания-2/hackathon.html